Bold and bright colors are the hottest trend this summer but wearing them can be tricky. Here are eight foolproof ways to maximize the look:
- Pick a color that compliments your skin-tone. Fair complexions look better in cooler shades of blue and pink while darker skin looks great in warmer colors like yellow and orange.
- Pair a bright with black or white. Match a vivid print T-shirt with a black skirt. Or, throw a white T-shirt over a bright mini.
- Wear two bold colors at one time but keep the shapes simple.
- Wear one color head-to-toe. You can pull-off this monochromatic look if you mix subtle shades with the more vibrant color – a soft butter with sunshine yellow. Also, mixing textures is a plus; a sheer with a linen, or a silk with the new colored denims.
- When wearing white, add a pop of color with a scarf or belt.
- Every color looks good with denim.
- Keep jewelry simple in gold or silver.
- Tone down the makeup so your face won’t compete with your clothes.
There you have it, eight simple tips to indulge on Three Dots’ selection of brilliant bright styles! Be bold, be brave and have fun!